Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Catching My Breath

So, I just realized I missed the Quest for Rinaria for March, and I'm sorry about that. I can't make up for it, either, because I just got hit by a tidal wave of homework, mostly research papers. I am not taking two 300-level classes next semester like I did this semester - bad idea. It's far too much work, and I'm not doing a great job keeping track of everything.

So, back to Quest for Rinaria, I'll have one out this month, and another one out in May after I'm done with finals, and maybe one more depending on how the May one turns out. I have been working on Graystone here and there, and I wrote about six pages last month - which I consider a triumph, in view of all the papers I had due - and I've reached what I think of as an anteclimax. For those not familiar with the term, ante is a Latin word meaning before. So, in the country band Lady Antebellum, the name means before war. An anteclimax is kind of a mini-climax right before the climax. Graystone is going to have one anteclimax, one climax, and one postclimax - or two anteclimaxes, depending on how you look at it. And... okay, to make up for missing the March Rinaria story, I'll give you a little spoiler. The anteclimax I just reached is about Conch. But you have to read Pasadagavra to find out who Conch is!

In other news, I went to my roommate's house over Easter, which was fun. Certainly better than being stuck on campus! Her parents took us to bingo on Friday, where I won $25. Em won the cover-all (and Em, if would like to post the story of how she won it in the comments, feel free!) While at her house, we also watched Rise of the Guardians for the first time. Great movie. Maybe I'll critique it later. Best part about Easter was that when we got back to school, we found out that it was warm enough to ditch most of our winter stuff. I took the heavy Hudson Bay blanket off my bed and replaced it with my more-summery blue beadspread. It's starting to sink in that I'm almost done with my first year of college. Lots of lessons learned, lots of plans for the summer. (Of course, it's looking like I have to report for jury duty about as soon as I get home, but I'll jump that river when I come to it.)

I have to go now and research for my Emily Dickinson paper for American Lit. This paper, by the way, is my favorite - not because it's easy (it isn't,) not because Dickinson is my favorite poet, but because we are allowed to cite it using MLA format instead of Chicago format! Yay!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment