Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Whiskey Indigo Tango Whiskey?!

Last night's episode of NCIS used the phonetic alphabet to convey an idea. I think my title was better - it is, at any rate, more age appropriate.

Anyway...

Last night's episode was disappointing in more ways than the title. Apparently American businesses are facilitating terrorist attacks in order to create more construction and repair jobs and therefore get more money. Because apparently there aren't enough construction jobs out there.

As I'm typing this, I'm looking out the window at a couple of streets under some pretty serious repairs. There are multiple other roads I can think of that require them. So don't give me that there-aren't-enough-repair-jobs-otherwise idiocy.

Furthermore, even though capitalism can be somewhat cutthroat at times, I doubt even the most corrupt business master would go so far as to commit treason just to get money, especially when they can get it without committing treason. Greed is a powerful motivator, but killing someone is a huge line to cross. So is committing treason. I still love the show, but they play up the corrupt businessman way too often.

And finally, it would be counter-productive for a terrorist to cooperate with someone to destroy something only for the other someone to rebuild it. The terrorists in NCIS usually have a purpose, which makes this whole plotline kind of absurd.

Come on, Bellisario. You can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment