Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thank You to Everyone At Holly Daze

I'm working on something I really don't want to do, so naturally, I have to take a break to do something I really want to do.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone at Holly Daze, both the soroptimists hosting the event and the people who bought books there. The event ran wonderfully smoothly and the hosts were so accommodating. And that passport function, where people get prizes for visiting different booths - that was great for the vendors!

Most of all, though, thank you to the people who bought the books. I broke several records while I was there. First off, the number of people who bought books in one day - the first day there broke all my records. Second, the number of books I've sold at a single event - more books over this event than any other multiple-day setup. I sold the equivalent of nearly two whole boxes of books. Third - and this one is really the most important to me - the number of sets of booksI've sold in any event, single-day or otherwise.

Selling sets of books is wonderful, and it gives me so much encouragement to keep writing. Long story short, thanks to you, I had a wonderful weekend and fresh energy to keep on writing. (I would have anyway, since I really do love writing, but a few more weekends like that might just knock a month or two off when Arashna is finally released. Or they might mean that fifth book in the series will be a reality after all.)

I cannot say it enough, but I will say it once more - thank you!!!

If you couldn't make it over to Port Orchard, I will be in Auburn this Saturday at the Federal Way United Methodist Craft Show. Please come, and bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment