Saturday, April 23, 2022

Come Play Games With Me!

 So, I know I've been rather MIA lately (except for when I'm furious with Amazon's "Rings of Power" pseudoadaptation), but I'm hoping to change that this summer and get back to farmers' markets and maybe even some book signings! We'll see what happens. 

But until then, I thought I would let all of my wonderful readers know about a fun event happening in a couple of weeks! A bunch of my old friends and I are hosting a series of game nights, at least one per month, where we're playing some D&D, Chronology, Seven Wonders, Settlers of Cataan, and a variety of other games that we've picked up from a couple of our favorite game cafes. I'll be there learning how to DM, and there'll be lots of other people playing a selection of other games. And pizza will be provided! 

It's at my childhood church, Divine Peace Lutheran Church, so we're making an effort to keep it family friendly. So far, most of the people who have told me they're coming are adults, so I'm not sure all my target readers will find someone else their age there, but they will find lots of friendly people who have no problem playing with anyone and everyone! 

The next one is Saturday, May 14. The address is 17215 128th Ave SE, Renton, 98058, and I can assure you that there is plenty of parking. The doors open at 2:30, the D&D campaigns begin at 3, and the pizza will be delivered at about 5, at which point we'll take a break for dinner and talking. Everyone will be politely shooed out at 8:30 PM so that the organizers can go home. You don't need to bring anything! Although, if there's a game you really want to play but no one will play it with you (like my Dad and Chronology!) you are welcome to bring that by and look for other players!

I hope to see some of my illustrious readers there!



1 comment:

  1. Ok I stumbled across this and had to ask: is Zuryzel’s name based off of the name Zuriel?

    ReplyDelete