Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Distant Roar

If I go outside in the frigid Milwaukee air and close my eyes and listen very carefully, I can hear a far-off roar. I can't make out any distinct words, but I know what they're saying.

It's the 12th Man shouting, "SUPERBOWL CHAMPIOOOOOOOONS!!!!"

Oh my goodness, I am literally crying!!! I want to be there, oh how I want to be there, I've never wanted to be in Seattle more, but I can hear them all the way out here! It's the first time in franchise history that my Hawks have won the Superbowl, and I will always remember this day!

I wish I were in the middle of that distant roar, shouting with everyone else, but my heart is there! And I am wearing my Russell Wilson t-shirt and bringing my Seattle Seahawks teddy bear to all my classes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment