Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Spring of 2020

You would think that with all this lockdown happening, I would have extra time to blog and write, yes? No. Online school work takes a lot more prep time than in-person prep time. I've been online schooling since February, and while I do enjoy it somewhat (especially the part where I get to "teach" in my springbok jersey and my author's sweatshirt), it was a serious adjustment.

Oh well!

I have been writing as much as I can. Book 4 is well underway, although, to be honest, I'm not particularly happy with it. I think it's going to go through some major revisions this summer and fall.

Oh, and what about that series I was planning last spring? The one with the most views on my entire blog? The #WhatMakesaGoodStory series?

Okay, there is a story there.

The first one I decided to try to tackle is, "What makes a good 'strong, independent female character?'"

Yeah. I should've started smaller. I spent like six weeks researching that one, and came up with so much that it ended up being nothing at all.

Then I tried for, "What makes a good 'sympathetic villain?'" Same problem.

I don't know. I need to think about it a bit more.

Anyway, to wrap up, here are some pictures from basically January-last week. I'll try to remember what day they were on.

I wore this on the last day of work before Chinese New Year break. 

The next pictures were all taken during the Chinese New Year holidays. These holidays are basically the Chinese version of Christmas; they get two weeks off and everybody goes home to see family--or, if your family is in a city like Shenyang, get your family together and go somewhere warm. The rest of the pictures are all in date order, oldest to most recent.

I absolutely loved looking at the windows of all the apartments during Chinese New Year.



This actually wasn't pollution, for once. 

The snow's all gone!

And the snow's back!


This was taken February 29. As you can see, the businesses are reopening.



This is late at night, and I took this picture on the first day I noticed that we were allowed to dine-in at restaurants again!

Sitting in my favorite restaurant!

I spied this guy building a nest. :) 

Anyway--stay safe, everyone. Be careful around the people who are especially vulnerable. Also be careful around the "journalists" who prey on your concerns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment