Friday, November 23, 2012

Upset

Please do not let the title deter you. I myself am not upset - in fact, I'm thrilled. Because there is nothing I love more than an upset. An upset in sports, that is.

Today for the first time in a number of years (the number is disputed between my uncle and my cousin) the WSU Cougs beat the UW Huskies!!! I don't care much about sports, because it's too much work to follow any of it, but I love watching a game with a bunch of people and the game goes well, and in my family that sport is usually football. That SuperBowl between the Seahawks and the Pittsburg Steelers was rough, because my dad came from Pittsburg, but for the most part everyone in my family is on the same side. Today was the Apple Cup, and the people who came over to watch it included my uncle and aunt; my older cousin whom I haven't seen in what feels like forever; and a family my family's been close with for most of my life, including the oldest kid's fiancee.

The second kid in that family is my age, and he's one of my oldest friends. We compared experiences and stories about college, and I have to say that I am very happy to be going to Wisconsin Lutheran College, but I don't think he would possibly enjoy it as much as Montana State, which is where he's going. What I'm very thankful for this year is that the people I love and care about are happy and doing well. Late last year and early this year had some tragedies happening to people around me. But God never left any of them, and they have pulled through the bad times. That is what I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment