Friday, August 2, 2013

Speaking of Country...

I forgot - on Wednesday, as I was coming home from Steilacoom, a song I'd never heard before came on the radio. The dj called it "Heart of Dixie" by Danielle Bradberry, the winner of The Voice. I really enjoyed it, so I snagged it from iTunes.

As I was perusing iTunes, I heard some of the stuff sung by Holly Tucker. I remember hearing about her on The Voice, too, and since I was perusing artists I'd heard about via social media, I thought I'd see what her songs sounded like. I'm so glad I did - I love her singing! I listened to the sample of "Blown Away," and I liked it better than when Carrie Underwood sang it. And "Done"? Better than hearing The Band Perry sing it. I also enjoyed hearing her sing "How Great Thou Art" (about as much as I've ever enjoyed that song) and "It's About Time."

I'm so glad for The Voice - a great way to introduce new music!

I'm also glad for Twitter, or I'd never have heard of The Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment