Saturday, November 22, 2014

For High School and College Students...

...because I can't imagine anyone younger than ninth grade would be the slightest bit interested in Dante's Inferno.

For all you high school/college people who are forced to read Dante's classic poem, or who read it because you actually enjoy it, I have some interesting news: one of my classmates, Ethan Jahns, has published his modern translation of Inferno and is selling it on Amazon. I got my (signed) copy yesterday, and began perusing it a little bit. It's very easy to read, and the layout is nice and spread out, instead of all scrunched together like most classic stories seem to be. This is the cover:




I asked him about the cover, and he says the red triangle represents the cone shape of Dante's Hell.

You can buy it on Amazon for $10.80. Remember that if you look for it, search "Ethan C. Jahns" in the Amazon search widget to the right near the top of the blog. Any time you search using that app and buy something, Amazon sends some of the profits to my blog.

Anyway - that's really cool, Ethan! Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment