Friday, November 25, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving - From Alabama

As always, I am thankful for my family, my country, my church, my schools, my friends, my writing, my jobs, and most of all for Christ and His sacrifice. This year, I have a couple of new things.

First, since I'm not working as a webmaster anymore (I still miss that job), I got another job to tide me through school. First, I'm carrying on my summer job at the insurance company, and I'm thankful as ever for that job. Secondly, I am also working in a school quite a drive from my house but a convenient way from SPU. I get a lovely drive three mornings a week across Lake Washington, usually right about sunrise. It's a wonderful experience.

Second, I'm thankful for the chance to live at home while I'm doing grad school and working. It means I get to save up extra money, at least some of which will go to publishing future books.

There's a third thing I'm thankful for that was last year. My mom and dad got my roommate and me tickets to see the Seahaws and Packers game in Green Bay last year! Unfortunately, the Seahawks lost, but it was still fun to be there. However, this came with some strings attached: I had to agree to go to an Alabama football game with my family.

If I haven't mentioned it before, my family are die hard Alabama fans. I'm not. But this Thanksgiving, we met up with family in Alabama, and since we're in the state, my mom decided to call in my promise. So, Saturday we'll be at the Alabama/Auburn game. It's a big rivalry, and if Bama wins, they'll probably be playing UW at some point in the future.

So, if you're watching the Alabama game tomorrow, look for me in the stands!

No comments:

Post a Comment