Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Is Someone At Amazon Reading My Blog?

 Like everyone else on Twitter, I knew that Rings on Prime's second season's trailer would drop today. I have watched the thing, and of course I have thoughts, but the thing that stood out the most to me was this one shot of The Main Character:


Does this mean somebody at Amazon was reading my previous posts about her hair not being in a crown?!

Probably not, but just in case some person is, in fact, reading my blog, here's the one thing I want to say to you the most: stop messing with stuff. Stop giving Pharazon's character traits to Miriel. Stop inventing characters if you can't include the already-existing ones (hey, was Anarion even in that trailer? He wasn't in the first season. What about Cirdan the Shipwright? I'm pretty sure they promised us Cirdan). Stop giving new powers to the Silmarils, as if they weren't already epic enough. 

We love Tolkien as his works are. You want to win an audience back? Stop messing with Tolkien to the point that your show is unrecognizable as Tolkien's works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment