Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another Target Run

So, in spite of everything, I walked to Target today (again) after class. This time I went with Tom and Sarah. Primarily my intent was to carry on a discussion of Ludicrous - excuse me, Lucretius - that we started in Honors. Anyway, along the 45-minute way, we started talking about the best villains. I said Davy Jones immediately, primarily because he has some of the best quotes in all moviedom. After some thought, though, I changed it to Ari Haswari. (I mean, his entire script is quotable!) But Tom said that the best villain ever is the Joker. Having never seen the Dark Knight and stuff (or is it the Dark Night?) I asked what those movies were like. Sarah said something like this:

"I know Tom is going to kill me for this, but - Marta, Batman is sort of like a guy's Twilight."

I laughed. I laughed until my sides hurt. Tom did not; in fact, Tom just sort of stopped in the middle of the sidewalk with his mouth hanging open. It looked like a scene right out of a movie. Ahh, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment