Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Leaving for College

Later this morning I'll be leaving for Milwauke, Wisconsin, and my new college. I guess I should be scared or sad, because I'll be away from home for the longest time yet. But I'm not, because I can't stop thinking about Pahappahooey Island.

For those of you who don't know, which I'm sure is all of you, Pahappahooey Island is a kid's trilogy about a floating island being threatened by an ill wind. There is a lost and hidden Book somewhere on the island that can calm the storm and save the island, and a young girl called Ali sets out to find it. In the third movie, Ali is asked to seek out a special command hidden in the Book. She finds that the command is to tell everyone about the Book. Anyway, at the very end of that movie, she has this great quote:
"I can't wait to see what's next."
That's my state of mind right now. I know that my future is safe and sound in God's hands, and that He has a wonderful adventure in store for me. No looking back - there's a lifetime full of God's promise spread out in front of me. And I'm ready to follow it!

Next time I post, I will be posting from Milwauke, Wisconsin!

No comments:

Post a Comment