Tuesday, July 23, 2013

History

I've been rereading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. My mother read them to Karl and me when I was pretty young - like six, or something. I haven't touched them since. And I have to say, I missed a lot of stuff the first time. The whole stories are so much more lively to me than I remember them being. And the first part of These Happy Golden Years, where Laura leaves home for the first time? I wish I'd had that with me to read in college.

On another note, one of my friends from school told me today that she'd be working in the history department at school, too! This is going to be fun. I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog before, so I'll detail my on-campus job now. I'm going to be the Webmaster for the Fourth Century website as set up by a history professor. This means I'll be in charge of uploading information and researching some of it too. A rough guide for the fourth century is between the rise of Constantine and the downfall of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire technically fell in the early fifth century, around 410 AD, but the fall began in the last few years of the fourth century.

As for the new ELHS campus pictures, I'm going to post them on the dedication day. I will also have a link to the live-streaming (assuming they actually do live-stream it) mostly for my benefit so I can find it again, but I would also invite all my readers to watch the live-streaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment