Monday, December 30, 2013

2013

I was browsing my old posts and realized that last year, I wrote that I hoped 2013 would be a better year than 2012. It wasn't - it was far worse. And guess what? It's not over yet!

Yesterday, my little cousin Emily (who's not really little - she's just younger than me) was opening something with her knife and wound up stabbing her left forefinger. The knife went all the way through and severed two tendons. (Just typing that gave me chillls.) She's in surgery today to hopefully repair her finger, but it's possible she may lose the use of that finger altogether.

Why now? Emily's going to college next year! She's in band, and she needs that finger to play! Jeepers. I cannot wait to see the back of 2013. Hopefully 2014 will be a better year than 2013! As it is, Emily is in God's hands. Prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment