Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Update on Me...

I know I haven't been blogging much, but the reason for that is that there hasn't been much to blog about. Seriously, Sunday last week I sat down to write an email to a professor about what I've been doing since Turkey, and I couldn't think of anything particularly interesting. It's been work, school, and visiting family.

Nonetheless, here's the general news about me since Halloween.

The Saturday after Halloween, I came down with some kind of nose issue. It wasn't a cold or the flu, as there was no fever, sore throat, aches, or coughing. This lasted for about three weeks - another reason I know it wasn't a cold - at which point, my nose cleared up, but I was then beset by a furious cough that lasted from November through New Years. Basically, I was sick from Halloween to New Years, I pulled a back muscle from coughing so much, and I missed church, work, and homework on different occasions due to this. That's also why I never posted the list of craft shows, by the way - I would get home, suffer through my homework, try to update my Travel Blog (to give you some idea, I was working on that Before You Go post on Halloween in my Zuryzel costume, and I posted it the day it was finished), and then be too exhausted to figure out where I was going to be and when. I was lucky if I knew where I would be the night before. Yeah, that cough took over my life, which was pretty mortifying.

Sickness aside, I nailed all my classes.

I got a collection of awesome Christmas presents, including books, a commuter mug, lots of earrings (which are my favorite jewelry), and two fidget spinners!

I quit working regularly at the school in December, so I would have some time to prepare for student teaching, but I spent a lot of time covering for people who got sick, so I was still there for a general January birthday celebration with the other aides. That was fun!

I saw multiple movies I'd missed over this hiatus, including Ragnarok, Spider-Man Homecoming, and Guardians of the Galaxy II. I also saw Darkest Hour with my family - that's that new Winston Churchill movie starring Gary Oldman (Sirius Black) as Churchill. If you can catch that one, I definitely recommend it.

And, in probably the most exciting news, I start student teaching on Monday!!

Anyway... sorry for being gone so long, but I really didn't have the energy to do anything beside was I was getting graded to do and getting paid to do. The good news is that my coughing has completely ceased, and I expect to be back on my blog more often.

More good news coming in the next post ...

2 comments:

  1. You're allergic to school. The antidote is writing about fantasy characters like Zuryzel, Shartalla, and Fawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your advice is good. I'm taking it to heart as much as possible.

      Delete