Thursday, December 13, 2012

Changes

Among the most important things to happen to me this year, yesterday I finished my last math test for the rest of my life. Assuming that I pass, anyway, and I'm reasonably sure I did. It is refreshing to know that I will never have to suffer through an hour of a teacher mumbling to the blackboard about the integration of e to the x power. (It's e to the x, by the way.)

Also important is the fact that I am flying home tomorrow. Sarah will take me to the airport, and I expect to land at around six-ish. Then it's The Hobbit with Anne and Keely! I've seen some people on Facebook saying that The Hobbit is obviously a rip-off of Lord of the Rings. If you are one of those people, then this post is for you. The Hobbit is the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy; it tells about how Bilbo got the Ring from Gollum in the first place. There are a number of very subtle changes that irk me somewhat - primarily the location of the shards of Narsil; they're in a closed room, whereas before they were in an open corridor - but the one thing that remains the same is the very creepy manner in which Gollum says "Prrrrreciousssss..."

And finally, my former roommate moved out today and my new one moved in. Lindsey decided she wanted to stay on the third floor, and Emily wanted the second floor. I made sure to be absent during Lindsey's moving out, but I was there for most of Emily's moving in. Helping her were Sarah and her (Emily's) boyfriend, Cody. After Em put all her stuff away, we sat around and joked for a long time. Cody made all kinds of snarky comments that made us all laugh. We listened to Christmas music and drank hot chocolate. I had to leave partway through to go take my Honors class exam - we took that one in groups of four, and Em and Cody both went on Tuesday. Right now they're out on a date, leaving me to finish packing for my flight, but they promised to come back and hang out later. Next semester is bound to be very different, but I'm sure I'll survive it much better than I did this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment